Thursday, March 23, 2006

rude.

as proof that even libraries can be rude, bigoted asshats:

we were coming back from a very pleasant dinner last night, waiting for the elevator, minding our own business, when some smartass from this very conference says to me, in reference to my septum ring, “do you get good reception with that?”

why yes, in fact, i do.

jerk.

i resent the fact that men of a certain age feel entitled to make comments on my personal appearance. does an extra hole in my nose affect my ability to do my job? no. does it make me a serial killer? no. does it infringe on anyone else’s right to pass by, unmolested? no. is it, then, anyone’s goddamn business? NO.

if you feel the need to stare, fine. it is an unusual accessory.

want to ask questions? great. i have answers. no it doesn’t hurt, yes i can still blow my nose, and i happen to like it, that’s why.

insult me for no apparent reason? only if you want trouble.

technorati tag: cil2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home